1. an act or instance of oscillating.
2. a single swing or movement in one direction of an oscillating body.
3. fluctuation between beliefs, opinions, conditions, etc.
4. Physics. a. an effect expressible as a quantity that repeatedly and regularly fluctuates above and below some mean value, as the pressure of a sound wave or the voltage of an alternating current. b. a single fluctuation between maximum and minimum values in such an effect.
5. Mathematics. a. the difference between the least upper bound and the greatest lower bound of the functional values of a function in a given interval. b. Also called Saltus. the limit of the oscillation in an interval containing a given point, as the length of the interval approaches zero.
Physics. of, pertaining to, or noting a series of oscillations in which each oscillation has a frequency that is an integral multiple of the same basic frequency.
The MCI – TS3 is a patented technology that has empirically proven potential to revolutionise the way we think about how a two-wheeled in-line vehicle should perform and behave.
The TS3 technology is a totally new, purely triangulated steering and suspension system which creates ultimate stability for the front end of a motorcycle while incorporating advanced pro-dive/anti-dive and rake and trail tuning combinations. These combinations not only enhance but are adaptable to all rider skill levels, road specific conditions or race track specific layouts, whilst discarding all known disadvantages of previous front end steering and suspension systems – including the major factor of uncontrolled front-end crashes – the influence of unbalanced destructive oscillation harmonics.
Key Technology Features Include:
- Purely triangulated front-end stability.
- Fully adjustable pro-dive and anti-dive combination capabilities between: 100% (full front end dive) / 0% (neutral front end dive geometry) / 100% (front end rise under braking). Best practice combination outcomes have already been recognised, tested and implemented within the prototype.
- Adjustable rake and trail – from 15 to 24 degrees. – the known range of stability factors for a hub-centre system.
- Attains a higher rate of turn for less lean – into, during and on exiting a corner.
- Separates steering from suspension and braking.
- Can be braked harder and later into corners, including trail braking through any corner/camber combination.
- In-line and corner trail braking does not upset front end stability or bike trajectory.
- Throttle changes during cornering do not unsettle the front end stability or trajectory.
- Directional changes during a corner do not upset front end stability and overall trajectory.
- Retains a constant steering geometry under straight line, lateral and horizontal bump suspension braking and forward acceleration.
- Suspension does not collapse (bottom out) under heavy or emergency stop braking.
- Virtual king-pin from the tyre contact patch (tyre braking point) to the top of the wheel along the steering axis.
- Has no corner lean clearance issues inherent in other alternate or HCS designs.
- Carries loads many hundreds of times its own weight with increased stability.
- No in-corner lateral bump flex harmonics under corner braking.
- No horizontal bump or stop flex harmonics on inline braking or during corner braking.
- Reduces chassis and headstock weight and lowers centre of gravity for greater stability.
- Allows a shorter wheel shock load path to the COG of the motorcycle.
- Removes unbalanced and dangerous lateral and horizontal flexibility during in-line and corner steering.
- 54 degrees of lock to lock steering compared to 38 degrees for a conventional sports bike.
- Retains a classical motorcycle appearance necessary for rider and commercial acceptance.
- Removes high-stress loads on hub-centre king-pin and inherent destructive oscillation harmonics that normally unsettle the front of the motorcycle – a major cause of motorcycle accidents.
Lets Look At On Track Testing:
On track testing and empirical data acquisition has indicated that the motoinnoTS3 can be up to a second faster per ‘corner’ compared to conventional front-end systems.
Whether you are an advanced rider or total novice to motorcycling, the motoinno TS3 increases stability, safety and overall performance, giving you the ability to handle all real-world situations with increased confidence which ultimately equates to a more compliant, faster, enjoyable and overall safer ride.